Media-Upper Providence Library Book Sale
Media Municipal Center,
4th & Jackson Sts, Media, PA
(2 blocks north of the Library)
8-Room Stone Cottage & Large Community Center hall full of books, DVD’s, CD’s, Videos, Tapes, Records, Puzzles, Ephemera
Saturday, April 18, 2015:
Hardbacks and trade paperbacks: $2
Mass market paperbacks: $1
Children’s and Specials: as marked.
Sunday, April 19, 2015:
Everything half price (except in the Specials Room)
Monday, April 20, 2015:
Bag Day is BACK. Fill a bag for $5!
Specials are half price
Time: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm each day. Go Green. Bring bags.
Organized by year-round volunteers, at the Stone Cottage opposite the police station, Media Municipal Center, Media, PA 19063.
To benefit: Media-Upper Providence Free Library, Media, PA
Room 1: mysteries.
Room 2: popular fiction.
Room 3: history, military, government/politics, U.S. presidents, law, journalism, biography (some in categories; eg: sports, entertainment), African-American culture, Native American heritage, current events, true crime, true adventure, catastrophic events.
Room 4: science fiction, fantasy and horror, travel.
Room 5: cooking, crafts, home improvement, antiques, hobbies, animals, environment, field guides, medical, self-help, women’s & mens’ studies, psychology, new age, occult.
Room 6: business, financial, computer, photography, sexuality, trivia, misc.
Room 7: math, science, foreign language, humor.
Room 8: poetry, literature, writing, reference, religion, philosophy, mythology, sociology, drama, Christian literature, spirituality/inspirational, anthropology, archaeology.
COMMUNITY HALL CATEGORIES:
Paperbacks, children’s, teen literature, art & architecture, sports/fitness, outdoor activities, gardening, holiday, transportation, histories of local places, large print, coffee table books, gift books, film, radio, tv, music, celebrity, dance, booklets, education, college prep, parenting, magazines, entertainment: dvd’s, cd’s, tapes, videos, records, puzzles.
*For this sale there are large amounts of the following: cooking – especially ethnic, Louis L’Amour leatherette-bound (ex-library), science fiction and fantasy (hardback & paperback), field guides, college preparation, quilting and large print.*
- When do you accept donations? Donations are accepted year round, 24/7, except the month of sales (April & October).
- Where do we accept donations? On the porch of the Stone Cottage opposite the police station.
*Please email email@example.com or call the library at 610-566-1918 a day or two in advance to arrange a volunteer to meet you at the cottage if you have more than 8 medium-sized boxes.
- What type of donations do you accept? We accept (clean and in good condition) hardbacks, trade soft cover, paperbacks, DVDs, books on tape, videos, records, puzzles, maps. We regret we cannot accept Reader’s Digest books or magazines such as National Geographic because of a lack of interest among our patrons.
- Where do I obtain a receipt? Receipts are available from the Library or Stone Cottage.
- Who benefits from the book sales? All proceeds go to the Media-Upper Providence Free Library.